One of the basic functionalities of Classic Designer is adding links to the content within an email message project.
Adding links to an e-mail message
To add a link to the content in your email message project:
1. Open the email message project to which you want to add the action.
2. Select the text where you want to add the link using your cursor, and then click on the link icon.
3. A window Add a link will open, where you can enter the URL address to which your recipient will be redirected after clicking on the linked text. Then click OK.
Adding actions to links in e-mail messages
Link action is an automated action that is triggered when a contact clicks on a link in an email message. Available types of link actions are:
Subscribe to a list
Unsubscribe from a list
Add to automation
Link actions can be easily created within the email communication itself using the Add a link modal.
Note: Link actions cannot be used with 1:1 emails.
To create a link action:
1. Open the email message project to which you want to add the link action.
2. Select the link in the project by clicking on it, then click on the link icon.
3. An Add a link window will open, where you can modify the URL address and add link text and action. To add an action, click Add an Action.
4. Select your preferred action from the drop-down list by clicking on it.
5. Define the value for the selected action. For example, if you choose to add tags to contacts who click on your link, enter the tag in the respective field. Once finished, click OK.
Remember that you can add more than one action to a single link. To do so, click on Add an Action again. For example, you can add multiple tags or enroll a contact in an automation.
Please note that if you use the same URL more than once in your communication, the link actions will be the same for each occurrence of that URL. Different link actions cannot be created for a URL that is used multiple times in an email.
6. On the campaign summary page in your email, make sure that link tracking is enabled (this option should be enabled by default).