Adding images and graphics to e-mail messages can help build your brand and increase subscriber engagement. They work great for diversifying content, promoting a service or product, or as a call to action.
Uploading images to the Content Manager
You can upload images to the Content Manager, which is a content management tool, to use in your e-mail messages. Images uploaded to the Content Manager can be used in any e-mail template, campaign, automated message, or form.
The graphic files you upload must be in GIF, PNG, or JPG format.
See also: How to add GIFs to e-mail messages?
You can upload images to the Content Manager from the campaign project level or directly within the tool.
To upload a new image to the Content Manager from the campaign level, follow these steps:
1. In the e-mail message editor, drag and drop an Image block into your project, and then click on it to open the Content Manager.
2. In the Content Manager, click on the folder where you want to add the image (if you don't have a folder created yet, you can easily create one by clicking on the Add a Folder button), or add the file(s) to the All files view. Click on Add file.
3. Select a file from your computer. The file will be uploaded to the tool.
To upload a new image directly to the Content Manager from within the tool:
1. Go to the Campaigns tab, and then navigate to the Content page.
2. Repeat steps 2 and 3 from the previous subsection (see points 2 and 3 above). The files added to the Content Manager will be available for you to use when creating your e-mail message project.
Adding images to an e-mail message
During the creation of an e-mail message, you can add PNG, JPG, and GIF files using the image block. Only one file can be used per image block.
To add an image to an image block, drag the Image block to the desired location in your e‑mail message project, and then click on it to open the Content Manager and add the appropriate files.
You can also add files from the Content Manager to text blocks. However, please note that if you add an image to a text block, it may only appear in the upper left or upper right* corner of that block. Only one image can be added to each text block.
There are two ways to add images to a text block:
by dragging the Image block into the text block
by placing the cursor at any desired location within the text block and clicking on the image icon on the top toolbar of the editing interface.
In both cases, the image will initially appear in the top left corner of the block by default.
*To move the image to the top right corner, click on it and select the Align right option.
Then you can customize the image settings as desired. You can find more information about image settings in the Guide to Classic Designer.
Note: It is recommended to add images to image blocks, rather than text blocks. In Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2013, embedded links in images within text blocks may not be clickable. Additionally, text may not wrap properly when viewing e-mail messages on mobile devices.
Changing the size of images in an e-mail message
After adding an image to your e-mail message project, you can adjust its position within the block, crop and edit it, replace it with another image, or drag and drop it to a different section of the template. You can read more about these settings in the Guide to Classic Designer.
For now, let's focus on one of the basic editing functions, which is resizing an image. To do this:
1. Hover over the image, and in the bottom right corner of the content block, you will see a two-way arrow.
2. Click on it and drag the image to the desired size.