On our CDXP platform, you can create a campaign or e-mail for automation using custom HTML. This option is ideal for those who want to have more control over their e-mail design and are good at coding in HTML.
To create and send an HTML e-mail campaign, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the main view of the Campaigns tab in the menu on the left.
2. Click Create a campaign.
3. Enter a campaign name in the appropriate field and select a campaign type. When finished, click the Next button.
4. Select the audience list you want to send the campaign to. If you want, also create segments in a separate audience list. Then click Next.
5. Select the Custom HTML template type and click Continue.
6. In the Design tab, click Start From Scratch.
7. A modal window will appear with fields for the sender's details and the title of the e-mail. To change the sender's name and e-mail address, click the appropriate fields and enter the updated information. Also, enter the subject of the message (you can change it later). Then click Continue.
8. Compose the e-mail HTML code in the code editor. In the window on the right, you can preview the appearance of the template. Click Next when done.
9. The campaign summary page will open:
check the subject, preheader text and sender information
check the list you are sending the message to
select additional tracking and GA integration details
optionally, schedule a campaign for a specific date and time
send a test e-mail
preview your campaign in different devices
check the results for SPAM (the Passed message gives you the green light to send, and if there are any comments in this field, verify them, because they may indicate a problem preventing the campaign from reaching your recipients' mailboxes)
10. Click the Send Now button to send the e-mail. You can also click Save and exit to return to it later.